With its restaurants serving taco shells made of bacon and deep-fried oysters with bacon aioli, Philadelphia, also the hometown of actor Kevin Bacon, earned the title of No. 1 city for bacon lovers according to the Estately blog.
- Philly is the sixth largest bacon market in America.
- Three area restaurants have been featured on United States of Bacon.
- Local burger chain PYT made a taco shell out of bacon because this is Philadelphia and anything bacon is possible in Philadelphia.
- Dip your deep-fried oysters in bacon aioli at Cochon (French for “pig”).
- The father of modern Philadelphia was famed city planner Edmund Bacon, father of Kevin Bacon.
- Jake’s Sandwich Board is famed for its Turbacon, a sandwich version of a Turducken, but with smoked pork in place of duck.
Original source: Estately
Read the full story here